Online Friends Vs Imaginary friends. Who's better?
ARE ONLINE FRIENDS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN
IMAGINARY?
Well according to me, obviously it is.
Some may roll
their eyes seeing the fact that online friends are much better than the
imaginary friends. Here I will be bringing certain reasons to prove my opinion
on why online friends are more effective than imaginary friends. But there are
some cons as well as pros. let’s see how it goes. Let me make you go through
one of the experiences I went through before seasoning my opinion.
Just as the rest of the regular days, my sister and I
were on our beds, half asleep but still scrolling up and down on social media.
Suddenly she snorted and buried her head in the pillow. The bed shaked with her
half-stifled laughter. I wasn’t amused since that wasn’t the very first day she
did so. But this time I really wanted to ask what’s the matter, so I did. “My
friend just said the funniest thing,” she responded as she wiped the tears from
her eyes. I, with concern, looked around the room and then asked, “Do you have
an imaginary friend?”
Most of my friends at the moment are people I see
online. It’s not that I don’t want to have friends in real; in fact, I’d give a
whole big cheesy smile for everyone who smiles at me. But if there’s one thing
I’ve learned since I started to do my degree and my part time job, Is that its not that easy to always stay in touch
with my friends I met at school.
Every time I go online to hang out with my awesome
online friends, I am bashed over the head by some article decrying the negative
effects social media and virtual lives we are having on us. I say “bullshit.
So, what if my friends are all online friends? Here are my top reasons why
online friends are just as good as the lads and gals I meet in my day today
life. There are some cons as well.
1. I
can pick and choose the amazing people I want to keep in my life without
having to talk and keep in touch with the people I personally don’t like. What
I believe is that rather than smiling with everyone and pretend we are so good
to them won’t make us go to heaven unless we have good intentions towards them.
To add more, smiling at someone and backstabbing the same person has now become
very typical amongst everyone so I personally am very picky specially when it
comes to choose friends.
2. I
can talk to them anytime I want, even with my pajamas on.
Talking
about this, I am very talkative when I’m surrounded by the right people. So, I
really appreciate being able to send a little note whenever I think of
something funny to say,
which
is hard to do with real friends and imaginary, since imaginary doesn’t exist
and real can be in different moods.
3. I
can tell them anything. This depends on your
brain since you should be very carefully when telling something to a cyber
friend. True that they won’t spread the rumors and gossip around but you should
be careful to pick the right people if you really want share and get a relief
from a grief, I personally find that cyber wall to be more effective than the
screen in the confessional. It is incredibly freeing to be able to complain or
confess to a bunch of people whom you’ve never met and never will. It’s a lot
cheaper than a therapist, that’s for sure.
4. If
it’s about dating online, attraction can
be based more on personality than their looks. One can learn about the other
person through their using profile if the other person likes to update about
themselves online. But the lack of body language can be a con here as it can
lead to misunderstanding because emoticons don’t always help. To prevent miscommunication,
one needs to be careful of what they say. An online friend can disappear
overnight unlike an imaginary (whom you can imagine whenever you want to), one
may never know who they are talking to and providing too much information is
risky. I am very careful not to let my guards down. You can’t always tell the
tiniest bits of your life with anyone thinking you trust that person.
5. Easy
to start a conversation, less pressure when the conversation
isn’t a face-to-face,at the same time there’s less commitment (if you’re less
serious on relationships), and also, it’s a greater chance of meeting someone
who doesn’t look like you, sound like you, or share the same experiences. But
often, someone you meet online won’t be the right door, so it’s a long
distance(which can also be a pro, to some extent)but we should remember not to
commit our trust easily to online friends just because you have pure intentions
for them doesn’t mean they have the same for you. For me , online friends are
beneficial to kill the loneliness .why I support this fact is that making online friends
make you less judgmental about looks and discriminating, I really adore that,eventhough
an internet friend would not be able to give u a hug, physically ( well go to
your parents, in that case)
Summing up, its no secret that people
online open up freely to strangers than real friends or imaginary. It’s easier
to open up to someone when you cannot see them, can be effective if you are
having an imaginary friend but only if your all alone in a place or else people
will think you’re crazy, but we should do whatever we love to do, depends on
people! Concluding, these are my personal opinions. One can say nah! Imaginary
or the real are the best, that’s up to them.my days have been brighter and
lighter because of my online friends,
so will yours if you pick up the right people to have a nice day today
conversation.

Comments